[MPlayer-users] libdvdread: Can't seek to block

Zennon Poliboda zennon at polbox.com
Tue Nov 26 22:16:03 CET 2002

Zennon Poliboda wrote:

> Corey Hickey wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> Zennon Poliboda wrote:
>>
>>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
>>> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>> There is one more point: I checked the same DVD with xine and it
>>> worked more or less fine. More or less because the playback was
>>> somewhat "jumpy" (as with other DVDs) but still it worked.
>>>
>> ...but what happens when you do mplayer -dvd 2?
>

> The same.

Well, not exactly the same! The block number is different. :-)

Cache fill:  0,00% (0 bytes)    libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 1786316
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

Exiting... (End of file)