[MPlayer-users] Quicktime problem with LotR ttT-Trailer

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Tue Nov 26 16:18:06 CET 2002

Christophe Saout <christophe at saout.de> writes:
> When I try to play the new (?) trailer (quicktime, ~40MB), the player
> shows the first frame and then stops playing (apparently it thinks the
> stream has ended)?

You need this command to watch The Two Towers trailer:
wine mplayer.exe.so -- TheTwoTowers-tlr_fs.l.mov -vid 5 -aid 6

Note the last two options, "vid 5" and "aid 6" are specific to this
trailer file, and specify the actual video and audio segments that
contain the trailer.  Quicktime movies are actually archives of
several files, which can include JPEG images, sound files, data files
and multiple movie files.  Thus, you need to specify which parts you
wish to watch.

-rbb

--
   Remco B. Brink -- Information Systems Developer, Opera Software ASA
Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Short circuit detected on the lobe\n",
dev->name);
	2.4.0-test2 /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/tokenring/lanstreamer.c