[MPlayer-users] libdvdread: Can't seek to block

David C. Diemer daviddiemer at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 22:45:05 CET 2002

Zennon,

I've seen this type of problem with DVDs from regions outside your allowable
one. For example, I prefer region 1 DVDs and my DVD player is region set for
the USA, so far so good. But right now, I'm in Europe (Germany) and mostly
they have here is region 2 DVDs (Europe, not the USA or South Africa(!)).
So, when the DVD is inserted and libdvdread wants to read the DVD, it uses
the region programmed on the DVD and merges it with the region code in the
player to produce a "key" that is used to read the encrypted blocks.

This is one possibility.

The other is that your DVD player is damaged or the DVD you're trying to
play is bad.

Could you fill me if any of these is correct?

Thanks,

Dave