[MPlayer-users] Short question

Christian Roessner roessner at wg.gotdns.com
Mon Nov 25 13:21:04 CET 2002

> are you using ide-scsi emulation on a dvd-rom?  I used to be able to play
> last of the mohicans just fine, but my current kernel has scsi-emulation
> built in (as opposed to being a module), and I can't figure out a way to
> disable just the dvd-rom scsi emulation, and leave the cd-burner scsi
> emulation in place. The scsi emulation seems to cause the too many packets
> in the buffer problem for me...

Hi,

I use ide-scsi with my DVD-ROM. But it is used as a module.

I found out that MPlayer only has problems to play the Iron Maiden DVDs. These
DVDs do not have a german track.
Some tests with Cube, Master of the Rings and Dune worked fine. All these DVDs
are german DVDs except the Iron Maiden's. I played with -aid but it did not
change the problem.

Regards

Christian

NB: In Xine it works without any problems.
NB1: Is it able to play a hole DVD and not just selecting track-by-track?