[MPlayer-users] Eden VIA C3 and Mplayer

etienne gandhi gandhi.etienne at siemens.com
Mon Nov 25 12:15:05 CET 2002

> Message: 13
> Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:28:09 +0100
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Eden VIA C3 and Mplayer
> From: h_reuver at mantell.xs4all.nl (Huub Reuver)
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:44:02PM +0100, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > Thus spake etienne gandhi (gandhi.etienne at siemens.com):
> > > I am using the Eden Via C3 mother board with Linux (Knoppix easy
> > > installation, with hardware autodetection), and MPlayer
0.90pre10-2.95.4.

> > Which C3 were you using (MHz)?
>
> The standard Epia uses a C3 at 800MHz I guess.

Yes, using the C3 800 MHz, with PC133 DRAM (128MB).

> > > The power of the board is enough to play DivX files (I'am using a size

> > > of 512x288), provided you activate the DMA.
> > > When playing a DVD, the movie is slightly jerky.
> > > Sound is OK.
> >
> > I had no jerkiness at all using a C3 with 900 MHz.

When playing 720x576 DivX, it is also jerky, but for my DivX (512x288), it
is perfect, and the sound is also perfect.

> Has anyone tried the experimental VIDIX driver yet?
> http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/EPIAVidix.shtml

Yes, I did, and setup my TV-Out to PAL (default is NTSC).
Still  a magenta line in the bottom (fs) with VGA.

> The blue screen sounds like problems with the overlay. He does not say if
> he uses VGA or TV-out.

Blue sceen is only when using TV-Out with X11. The window where the movie is
played is blue, if I toggle in fulscreen, the TV screen is blue !
With VGA it's works fine.

With vesa, it's OK, but the picture is at real size (512x288), and not fs.

Did someone try the hardware VGA/TV conversion ?

> With regards,
> Huub Reuver

Thanks,
GET