[MPlayer-users] playback -dumpaudio

Aravind Ceyardass aravind1001 at speedpost.net
Sun Nov 24 19:34:02 CET 2002

I tried dumping it in wave format. Nothing seems to happen for about 15
minutes.  The file
size of the pcm file doesn't grows at all. Then i thought of dumping it
as raw stream and
play it back.  The url in question is http://www.icinema.com where you
can watch international
movies for free.

Another question How do I select a particular bit rate while playing asf
files? Is it -vid. I tried using
this again mplayer seems to hang for a long time but no video or audio.

Spent lot of time reading the man pages. More examples would be helpful.

thanks

Aravind

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:51:57 +0100, "Gábor Lénárt" <lgb at lgb.hu> said:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 02:46:18PM -0400, Aravind Ceyardass wrote:
> > I dumped the audio stream from an asf file using -dumpaudio. How do I
> > play it back?
> > I know the audio codec used(voxware). When I try to play it i get the
> > error
> > "Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported". Searched the
> > archives,read the
> > man pages, tried using -ac.
>
> IMHO: read man page. -dumpadio dumps audio in raw format!
> you can dump audio in wave format with: -ao pcm -waveheader
> And then you can convert the wave file to anything you like, eg with
> sox etc ...
>
> - Gábor (larta'H)

http://fastmail.fm - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                      unladen european swallow