[MPlayer-users] bmovl+expand distorts image when width % 16 != 0

Jonas Jensen jbj at knef.dk
Sat Nov 23 16:03:03 CET 2002

When scaling/expanding/cropping an image I get problems with the bmovl
filter:

When expanding before bmovl the width must be a multiple of 16,
otherwise the image wille be skewed, like in
http://knef.dk/tmp/bmovl_skewed.jpg
This also applies when scaling and cropping.
Example: mplayer -vop bmovl=0:0:movie.ovl,expand=330:240 bg.avi

If I reencode the movie to this new resolution and use bmovl without any
other filters it works fine, so it's not because bmovl can't handle
resolutions that aren't multiples of 16... only when the
resolution-changing filters are chained directly with bmovl.

Also, when putting the expand filter after bmovl it never works, the
picture is always completely garbled:
http://knef.dk/tmp/bmovl_expand_after.jpg
However, there is no problem with scaling and cropping.
I don't really care about this, but I'm mentioning it because it's
probably related to the other problem.
Example: mplayer -vop expand=330:240,bmovl=0:0:movie.ovl bg.avi

Any hints?

--
Jonas Jensen <jbj at knef.dk>