[MPlayer-users] lirc & GUI / special keys

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Wed Nov 20 21:53:03 CET 2002

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't work. If mplayer is running I can
> press escape and have it terminate, but
>
> begin
>   button = Shuffle
>   prog   = mplayer
>   config = \e
> end
>
> does not work.

oops, sorry, my first comment was obviously nonsense ;-)

for situations like that you can use the little helper-program called
"irxevent" that comes with lirc

so something like

begin
	button = Shuffle
	prog = irxevent
	config = Key KEYNAME PROGRAMNAME
end

see http://www.lirc.org/html/irxevent.html for further information

this is not the nicest way, but it should work. (irxevent let's you
control any program, also those without lirc-support, btw.
to startup programs with your remote, you can use irexec)