[MPlayer-users] lirc & GUI / special keys

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Wed Nov 20 21:04:05 CET 2002

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've search the archives, looked at input/input.c but still can't
> figure out how I can assign special keys (like escape, cursor up/down
> etc.) to my remote control. I've tried
>
> begin
>  prog = mplayer
>  button = Eject
>  config = esc
> end

hi!
this is a quote from the official lirc-documentation, available at
http://lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

<begin quote>
config
     is the string that will be passed to the according application
whenever the specified key sequence is received by lircd. If you give
more than one config string, the config strings will be passed to the
applications by turns. With this feature you can for example implement
toggle buttons.
You can pass non-printable characters to applications with all standard
C escape sequences (most common are: \n = line-feed, \r = carriage
return, \t = tab, \e = escape, \<n> = ASCII code in octal
representation, \x<n> = ASCII code in hexadecimal representation, \\ =
backslash). Additionally you can supply Ctrl-X by specifying \X where X
is an upper character or @. For example \C is Ctrl-C.
<end quote>

hope this will do the trick

regards