[MPlayer-users] Jpg in mp3

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed Nov 20 11:21:03 CET 2002

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2002, 11:07:39 Uhr MET, schrieb Diego Zuccato:
> I was wandering if it could be possible to make mplayer display the jpg
> that's inside certain mp3s...
> Now the mp3 is played correctly, but "no video". log of mplayer -v is
> attached.

Hi,

I guess the picture is embedded in the id3v2 tag at the beginning of
the file. It should be possible with id3lib to extract the tag. But
id3lib is based on C++ and also a bit buggy, I think the mplayer guys
don't want to link it into mplayer.

BTW I don't know any ID3v2 editor for linux that utilizes the embedded
picture feature. I'm working on the easytag project, at least we don't
use it.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key