[MPlayer-users] Using ffmpeg standalone vs embeded in MPLayer to encode

Steven Ellis pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 02:46:12 CET 2002

I'm trying to transcode some MPEG2 and DV files to
MPEG4 and have some scripts which work ok using
FFMPEG.

I can also convert using mencoder with xvid.

But if I try to use mencoder with ffmpeg support it
always core dumps.

Anyone else got similar behaviour our can point me and
some recommended command lines.

I'm using

/usr/local/bin/mencoder -vop il -endpos 1:00 -oac copy
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=900
-o /dev/null fred.mpg

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk