[MPlayer-users] Bought new DVD drive .. mplayer no longer able to playback DVDs

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Mon Nov 18 23:23:02 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:59:05 -0500
jasonrc at gomdoli.com wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] I have that same drive. Once I set the drives
> region code it worked just fine.
>
> jason

What??? I thought that mplayer would just work around the region code
hardware bug...
At least it does so for my laptop dvd drive (the one in my pc is still
from region free times).

For me it looks like the format is unsupported by libdvdread but I am
not a expert. Did you configure with --disable-mpdvdkit? If you did,
try upgrading libdvdread, I'd suggest. Might work or not, its just
a idea.

Clemens