[MPlayer-users] Bought new DVD drive .. mplayer no longer able to playback DVDs

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Mon Nov 18 23:00:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I just "upgraded" from a pioneer DVD104S DVD-ROM drive
to Mashita/Panasonic LFD-311 DVD-RAM/DVD-R DVD-ROM drive
and lo and behold, I can't watch DVD's any more ..
whereas it worked ok with the pioneer.

The error I get is

>> Playing DVD title 1
>> libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated
>> libdvdcss debug: already authenticated
>> Reading disc structure, please wait...
>> There are 2 titles on this DVD.
>> There are 41 chapters in this DVD title.
>> There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
>> libdvdread: Invalid title IFO (VTS_01_0.IFO).
>> Can't open the IFO file for DVD title 1.

Am I missing anything ?

Or is there a (?known?) problem with this drive/brand ?

Thanks for any help,

  Marc Baaden