[MPlayer-users] Can anybody view these streams?

Chris Carlen crobc at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 18 03:54:01 CET 2002

Hi:

I'm hoping to get my wife off of Windows media player.  She watches Thai TV.

Here is an example of a .asx files she uses in WMP to access her shows:

<Asx Version = "3.0" >
<TITLE>ªèͧ 7 ÊÕ·ÕÇÕà¾×èͤس</TITLE>
<Entry>
<Title >CH7 Live Broadcast </Title>
<REF HREF="http://203.170.198.16/ch7_live/"/>
     <STARTTIME VALUE=""/>
     <DURATION VALUE=""/>
</Entry>
</Asx>

I have tried opening this with MPlayer 0.90pre6 on Suse 8.1, which gets
the title in the playlist, but when I try to play it it says stuff like
this:

Playing http://203.170.198.16/ch7_live/
Connecting to server 203.170.198.16:80 ...
Unable to detect the streaming type
Unable to open URL: http://203.170.198.16/ch7_live/
Playing /home/user1/TV/Ch7-Live.asx
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported
===============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

Perhaps this is just a no-go.  But can anyone play these streams and
explain how to do it?

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Carlen