[MPlayer-users] Eden VIA C3 and Mplayer

etienne gandhi gandhi.etienne at siemens.com
Fri Nov 15 13:21:03 CET 2002

Hi all,

I am using the Eden Via C3 mother board with Linux (Knoppix easy
installation, with hardware autodetection), and MPlayer 0.90pre10-2.95.4.

The power of the board is enough to play DivX files (I'am using a size
of 512x288), provided you activate the DMA.
When playing a DVD, the movie is slightly jerky.
Sound is OK.

I have setup the correct modeline and PAL Option (with the VIA 1.1
driver) in my XFconfig-4 file, and can have the output both on the TV
and VGA monitor.

When playing a DivX file, with -vo xv or -vo x11, I got only a blue
window (or blue screen when switching in fs).
Only the -vo xvidix is working, but the movie is not at the center of
the screen.
For the moment, I found the TV Output is not usable.

Can someone share his/her same experience with me ?