[MPlayer-users] mp3PRO support

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 15 00:02:02 CET 2002

On 02.11.14 Christof Buergi pressed the following keys:

> > btw. is there any reason to use mp3pro?
>
> Well, it is (notably!) better quality then MP3. However, Vorbis is just
> as good.
>
> I took part in a blind test, so I know what I'm talking about. The
> difference ist remarkable when you go below 128kbps.

So use vorbis. Preferably in OGM container. You will have the benefit of
OGM goodies (several audio (vorbis, mp3, ac3) and subtitle streams,
chapters) in addition to vorbis sound.

Works native today, on Windows, Linux, xBSD.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35