[MPlayer-users] Problem with P4???

S. Vandenbroeck autobandventielschroefdopje at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 21:10:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I just installed MPlayer on my new P4 but when I try to open it, the gui
doesn't show up! If I try to start it from the terminal I get this message:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Xeon Foster (Family: 8, Stepping: 2)
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get best
performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection

How do I disable this cpu detection? Do I have to reinstall it and how do I
do that (I'm very, very new to linux)?? Is there a special version for the
Pentium 4?