[MPlayer-users] 2xsai? How?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Nov 13 05:23:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:44:27AM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to enable the 2xsai, mentioned at slashdot?

-vop 2xsai.

But slashdot was idiotic for mentioning this; it's just a toy. It's
way too slow to actually use in realtime. I suppose you could use it
with mencoder to encode the whole movie with 2xsai in advance then
watch it afterwards. Also 2xsai is made for scaling up images that
have large regions of identical color, which is essentially never the
case with mpeg-type movies. It needs to be improved to be able to
treat similar colors as the same if it's going to work well, imho.
Neat hack, though, I guess.

Rich