[MPlayer-users] sound sync problem with Pixar movies

Bruno Melli bruno at fc.hp.com
Tue Nov 12 18:51:02 CET 2002

I folks,

Has anybody run into a sound synchronization problem with
Pixar movies (on a laptop) ?

I use mplayer on both a desktop (athlon XP 1700+, matrox G450) and
a IBM thinkpad T21 (800 MHZ PENTIUM III), both running SuSE 7.3 with
2.4.18 kernel).

I don't have any problem on the desktop.

On the laptop, the sound is noticeably off with "A Bugs Life"
and "Monster Inc", both from Pixar.
I don't have that problem with "Schrek", or "Harry Potter" so I'm
thinking somehow there must be something different with Pixar movies.

Any idea ?

thanks,

bruno.