[MPlayer-users] XCD

Michael Waters stonin at rogers.com
Mon Nov 11 04:08:02 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 20:43 +0100, christoph.enzmann at gmx.ch wrote:

> > > You can try to use a loopback device (man losetup).
> >
> > I tried this.  I can mount iso images no problem but mount doesn't seem
> > to understand raw mode2 cd images.
> Don't mount it, just use losetup an play from the loop device (mplayer -vcd
> 2 -cdrom-device /dev/loop0).

Hi,  thanks for telling me this - I didn't know about using losetup and
previously used only mount to setup loopback.

I tried:

#losetup /dev/loop0 data.bin

$mplayer -vcd 2  -cdrom-device /dev/loop0

but mplayer exits with:

Playing VCD track 2
read CDROM toc header: : Invalid argument
read CDROM toc header: : Invalid argument
Error selecting VCD track! (get)

Exiting... (End of file)

I checked the permissions on /dev/loop0 and it's readable for everyone.
Are you able to play XCD images this way?  If you are, could you please
tell me how!  :)