[MPlayer-users] Re: question: sound ok, but absolutely no video

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Sun Nov 10 16:08:02 CET 2002

Am Freitag, 8. November 2002 00.37 schrieb Brian Kreulen:
> Sigh. If you have any other ideas, not matter how
> stupid or seemingly obvious, let me know...

Hmmm... Are you running MPlayer from an xterm in X11, or from a native
console? The methods I mentioned are meant for X11.

If you want to run MPlayer from the console, fbdev or vesa would be the
correct choices. However, vesa doesn't seem to work on your card
(broken VESA-BIOS?). For fbdev OTOH, the console needs to be a
framebuffer console.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \