[MPlayer-users] subtitles

Martin Pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Nov 10 07:35:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 05:41:49PM -0800, Test Probe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just start to use Mplayer and I am really amised
> about it.
> I have only one problem: it is possible to have the
> subitles shown on black side of the screen (when used
> in full screen- usualy the movies are not in 4:3
> format and it would be just great to have the
> subtitles in black down-black part of the screen)?
>
> thanks,
>
> probele

Yes. If the subtitles are ascii files (srt, sub, etc.) try with

mplayer yours_options -vop expand=-1:-130:-1:-1

and change -130 as you need it. This add top and bottom blackbars so the image
is centered in the screen ... And the subtitles are at the bottom as usual.

If the subtitles are vobub, afaik they have a fix position in the screen so
the one way is move the image to the top; try with

mplayer your_options -vop expand=-1:-96:0:0

bye,
--
Martín Pavón
martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar