[MPlayer-users] Re: Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Sat Nov 9 06:56:02 CET 2002

Daniel Pittman wrote:

> No, that's not the only solution with MPEG4 output. One is to rescale
> the movie to correct for aspect ratio before encoding.
Tried quickly and it segfaults mplayer. Just added -vop scale (or -vop
scale=-1:-2) to the command lines I already posted. Be4 submitting a
complete bugreport I'll have to check that I haven't done smt REALLY
stupid (quite sure!).

> The second, and the one that I use, is to embed the aspect ratio
> information in the MPEG4 stream and have the scaling applied by the
> final player.
Woa! That's right what I looked for. But aspect option is NOT in
libavc-options.txt so it shouldn't exist! But it exists and works...

> Anything else is rejected as an invalid aspect ratio. If you don't
Well, it's not a too big trouble...

Thanks!!!

BYtE,
 Diego.