[MPlayer-users] xdm restarts on Xv playback, is it only nvidia ?

Manolis Tzanidakis mtzanidakis at freemail.gr
Sat Nov 9 03:57:02 CET 2002

Hello world,
2 weeks ago I sent a message on the list about kdm/xdm restarting when
playing through Xv w/ mplayer. I have that problem w/ ogle too and I
guess it must be nvidia's bin drv's problem. Does anybody with a
non-nvidia card have such probs ? The first time I logon with kdm and
play a movie, kdm restarts itself, I logon again & it works. I don't
have a non-nvidia vid.card available at the moment (mach64 on my
notebook works great w/ xvidix :^) to check it myself.
If it's nvidia-only problem I'll send them a bug report....

[more info]
tried on :
nvidia tnt2pro & gf2mx400 on p4/1.7 & cel/1.8
gentoo 1.4rc1 (gcc3.2), slackware 8.1 (gcc-2.95.3)
both : nvidia-drv-1.0.3123 & mplayer-0.90pre8
[/more info]

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
(mtzanidakis--at--freemail.gr)