[MPlayer-users] Playing WMA files

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 8 13:33:03 CET 2002

On 02.11.08 Colin Leroy pressed the following keys:

> > > Anyone care to go to jail ? ;)
> >
> > You know, there is a life outside the USA.
>
> I know, i'm french, but was just warning... btw DeCSS author has problems
> with justice and he is not in the USA.

Yes. He has. Or had.

The Internal Affairs already apologised him for unlawful arrest on void
charges. He was suing government on that ground last time I heard.

The case against him finally had to be tried based on codes for
``breaking into computer systems'' clearly designed for busting on
cracking into other people systems. The result of the case in Norway,
which has explicit provisions for ``reverse engineering for
interoperability'' is more than certain.

And finally...

Regardless of what's said above, one can sue whoever he wants for
whatever he wants, right? In the end the one with longer penis^W^Wbetter
and more expensive lawyers wins?

Wrong, in most European countries the party that loses civil trial pays
legal expenses of victor and court's expenses as well.  That's the
reason people don't sue everybody and their brother with hope of
settlement outside of court here.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35