[MPlayer-users] Success Report: Dedicated DivX-Player w/TV-Out

Martin Emrich maem5001 at stud.uni-saarland.de
Fri Nov 8 08:55:03 CET 2002

Hi!

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 01:29:10 +0000
Roberto De Leo <deleo at unica.it> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> I started developing two similar projects [one without X and one with X]
> two months ago, if you are interested you can get more info from
>     http://movix.sf.net/
>
> The one with X is called MoviX2.
> It uses the full X 4.2.0 libraries and supports all audio cards supported
> by the OSS and (in principle) all video cards supported by XFree86,
> and it has been reported working [more or less] fine with Matrox, Ati
> and NVidia cards.
> It boots from CD using SysLinux, loads the whole system in RAM,
> contains a mplayer compiled with support for most of the vo drivers
> [xmga,xv,x11,dga,gl,gl2,sdl,xvidix,fbdev,vesa,aa] and runs on machines
> with >= 96MB RAM, but Ati TV-out is still pretty unstable [did not manage
> to make gatos drivers working].
I actually do no longer use ATI TV Out, the TV set is directly connected
to the VGA Connector. But TV-Out works too (I used it before I got the
Modeline working), I connected the TV to the TV-Out before powering on
the Computer, and used -vo vesa:vidix . In both cases, the software
not really knows that it's playing to a TV...

> It would be very nice if you'd want to help me setting up the TV-out
> for Ati cards, but in any case you may find MoviX2 useful to expand
> your own project.

I'll try to grab some time to test it.

Ciao

Martin