[MPlayer-users] Video plays too fast (but plays).. sound okay . HELP!

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Nov 8 04:39:01 CET 2002

Green, Shaun wrote:

> I played the quicktime video below using the latest MPlayer release pre9.
> The sound was fine, but the video was diagonally distorted and kind of
> rainbow colored B&W. Probably because I don't have quicktime installed in
> Mandrake 9. However it played on sync.
>
> Shaun

That movie has really weird resolution (the dimensions are odd numbers).
The default cinepak decoder is cvidfw, and when I use that codec the
picture is messed up as you describe with -vo xv and -vo x11. If I use
-vo sdl, there isn't any problem.

The other two cinepak codecs mplayer has are cvid and cvidxa. These both
work for me with all three vo's I mentioned.

So, in short,
mplayer GATES.MOV -vc cvid
is probably your best solution.

-Corey