[MPlayer-users] mplayer and low end machines

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Thu Nov 7 22:49:02 CET 2002

I knew I forgot to mention it..

Umm, it's a notebook with NeoMagic 128ZX graphics chip.

Any suggestions? (yes, got the /proc/mtrr and I think it got Xv suport, not
sure, I'll check it a bit later)

> false!
> i have p2-250mhz test machine with 128mb ram, and it plays both matrix.vob
> with 3% framedrop and the 1800kbps 620x576 sw ep1 DIVX3 trailer with 0
> framedrop well.  using a matrox g200... with the mga_vid kernel module...
>
> > requires at least Pentium 350 + 128MB RAM), but I was wondering how good
> > will
>
> under windoze

Ahh, nice to hear that.

> > it be when it comes to playing AVI, DiVX3/4/5 files in a window or in
> > full screen? any good suggestions for tweaking to make it run fast? (I'm
> > using KDE
>
> get a good vga card, an old ati mach64 or matrox g200 is perfect for that
> and enable MTRR.

I wish I could replace the graphics chip on this notebook, but I can't. Heck -
I cannot even expand it's memory (up to 96MB max)..

Thanks for your help,
Hetz