[MPlayer-users] how to make DivX/avi file smaller?

Jose Romildo Malaquias romildo at uber.com.br
Thu Nov 7 19:59:02 CET 2002

Hello.

I have a file "Starwars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace [DivX].avi"
(downloaded with KaZaa) which I would like to burn into a CDR,
but it is a bit too small for that and does not fit in a CD. Its  size
is 813.342.720 bytes = 794280 Kbytes ~= 776 Mbytes. Is there a
way to reduce its size to an apropriate value for CDR burning,
without loosing much in quality?

Romildo

PS: I am beginning with video files and maybe this is not the
    apropriate place for asking my question. If so, excuse me, and
    tell me what is a better forum for my question.

Prof. José Romildo Malaquias        romildo at uber.com.br
Departamento de Computação       malaquias at iceb.ufop.br
Univ. Federal de Ouro Preto  http://uber.com.br/romildo