[MPlayer-users] mplayer and low end machines

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Thu Nov 7 12:01:11 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm installing RH 7.3 on a notebook which I just received as a gift. It's a
low end Pentium 300 machine with 96MB RAM (cannot expand it to more then
that).

I understand that I cannot play full DVD's with it (well, software DVD players
requires at least Pentium 350 + 128MB RAM), but I was wondering how good will
it be when it comes to playing AVI, DiVX3/4/5 files in a window or in full
screen? any good suggestions for tweaking to make it run fast? (I'm using KDE
3 but I can switch to Window Maker of XFCE if needed)..

Thanks,
Hetz