[MPlayer-users] undefinded symbol "XineramaIsActive"

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Nov 5 23:15:05 CET 2002

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> I always compile from source, most of the time CVS, I use the 'oh so
> crappy and evil' NVidia binary driver and do not have that problem. Not
> everything can be blamed on NVidia... *sigh*

To throw in my 2c: I compile from source too, have no NVidia and noticed
the same problem. But with selfcompiled XFree 4.2.99 (CVS).

The same binary did work before I did some updates to SDL (and maybe some
other lib required by freevo).

The standard XFree compiles libXinerama as static library. But is seems
mplayer is linked with dynamic Xinerama symbols. Maybe a shared library
(SDL?) has libXinerama.a included and exports its symbols.

bye
    ago

NP: Blutengel - Angel Dust I
 Alexander.Gottwald at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de