[MPlayer-users] compile error: mplayer/libavcodec

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Tue Nov 5 15:31:02 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 14:59, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:

> > his gcc is a working one :-)
>
> I wouldn't call a compiler that segfaults a working one.

you mean that mandrake's gcc is broken? why are you so sure that it's
not a problem with something else ( can you be sure that in the same
circumstances a "standard" gcc3.2 won't segfault? )

> > i'm using mandrake here, and i've just compiled mplayer fresh from cvs.
>
> It's been worked around in the meantime, probably.

sorry, but i don't understand you...
you mean that when he compiled his version, it segfaulted, but after
that time someone committed a patch to mplayer to workaround the problem
in mandrake's gcc, and because of that now i can compile mplayer?

because it's not true... i've been compiling mplayer-cvs for x months
1-2-3 times a week... there was problem only once when gcc3.2 had
problems with some gcc parameters.... and we weren't able to watch wmv
files...

i don't want to offend anyone, i just want to understand what are you
saying

thanks,
gabor

--
listening to Paul Van Dyk & Judge Jules - Essential Mix 2001-6-16
gpg key at www.keyserver.net