[MPlayer-users] Flash Files?

Timo Teifel tml at teifel.net
Tue Nov 5 14:59:01 CET 2002

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to play SWF Movies with MPlayer...
I normally wouldn't think so, cause I thought it's a vectorbased format;
and thus completely different to other video codecs, but I accidently
discovered that the RealPlayer for Linux plays these files - although
without sound (mp3). MPlayer however plays the mp3 stream, with
no picture...
Since you support some of the RealVideo-Formats, I was wondering
if it would be possible to play SWF files also....

I was thinking of simple videos, without interactive control; like the
ones from http://ugo.mondominishows.com/mondo/htf.html

I don't know how, but anybody managed to download these, so now
I got those SWF files... and I want to watch them without using a
browser...
If you need samples I can upload a few...

Thanks
Timo