[MPlayer-users] Old hardware

Martin Emrich martinemrich at gmx.net
Mon Nov 4 12:56:02 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:31:08 +0200
Phazer <phz at phreaker.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
>  I have a old PIII with 64ram at home that is doing nothing, I would
>  like to make this box a home theatre, only problem is the motherboard
>  does not have a AGP slot...crazy I know, got this box for next to nothing
>  from  friend. So anyway, does anyone know of a decent PCI video card that
>  mplayer supports TV out with.

Hi!

I've built this using an old ATI All-in-Wonder Pro (Mach64/Rage Pro/ViVo) PCI.
"-vo vesa:vidix" works with the built in TV-Out (connect it to TV _before_
powering on the PC). You can use your TV as text console, too. No need for
a monitor!

Im working on using my selfmade VGA->Scart/RGB Cable with it, too.

HTH

Martin