[MPlayer-users] question: sound ok, but absolutely no video

Brian Kreulen apocalypse29_99 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 04:32:01 CET 2002

Hello, I've got an mplayer question I was hoping you
gurus could help with.

I've just compiled and installed mplayer 0.90pre9-3.2
for my Athlon T-Bird. I've tried running mplayer on a
variety of video formats like Divx, mpg, avi, etc and
every time I only get audio and no video whatsoever.

Everything seems completely fine. In fact, mplayer is
happy and starts spitting out information about frames
and stuff. The only odd thing is the following line:

fbdev: Can't open /dev/fb0: No such device

I've confirmed that /dev/fb0 does exist, but beyond
that I don't know how to confirm if /dev/fb0 is
working, nor how to resolve the problem. I've also
confirmed, to my best knowledge, that my X Server is
configured properly. I've looked through my
/var/log/XFree86.log files and there seems nothing out
of the ordinary. No errors or warnings.

I've tried running the program as root and as a normal
user. I've tried every single 'mplayer -vo xxxxx'
option there is. I've searched the FAQ and Google, and
there is no mention of anything like this. I'm
completely lost. I know I'm missing something stupid,
but does anyone have any ideas?

Here's the system specs:
Red Hat 8.0
Athlon TBird
256Megs RAM
Diamond Viper V770 AGP w/ 32 megs

I've included, as an attachment, the output of trying
to play a file.

Thanks!

=====
Brian Kreulen