[MPlayer-users] Broken avi streams (?)
D Richard Felker III
dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Nov 4 02:18:06 CET 2002
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:30:34AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > I had a similar experience with a broken avi file, and I did the
> > following to fix it: First, I used ffmpeg with -acodec copy -vcodec
> > copy to generate a working avi file. It seems more tolerant of damage
> > to the avi structure than mplayer is... Then, since ffmpeg generates
> > broken non-interleaved avi files when using -acodec copy, I used
> > mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy to remux it into a working file.
> lol :)
> > Since ffmpeg handled it fine, presumably mplayer could be improved to
> > do so as well. Unfortunately I think I deleted the broken source file,
> > so I can't upload it to mplayerhq... :(
> i need such sample...
> actually avifile's recovery code is much simpler than mplayer's one, but my
> code is index-based (find and recover errors by comparing consistency of
> index and chunk headers) so it is not used for the index re-generation.
> It's on my todo for long time to write a better brute-force index rebuilder,
> which can try to do recursive re-syncing when it find a bogus header.
> But as i've never seen any such broken file, it has low priority...
Arrg, sorry I deleted it! I'm trying to re-get it off gnutella, so
I'll upload to mphq if I have success! Hopefully the file was actually
damaged at the source, and didn't just get corrupted during xfer last
More information about the MPlayer-users