[MPlayer-users] conffiles in debian subdirectory

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Nov 3 14:54:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:23:02PM +0100, Jeremy Rosen wrote:
> why aren't codecs.conf and mplayer.conf defined as config files in the
> debian subdirectory ?
>
> I can understand for codec.conf, but why mplayer.conf ?
> simply puting the name of the file in debian.conffile would have dpkg
> ask before overwritng on install/upgrade...
>
> thoughts ?

codecs.conf is not really a config file, at least not one that users
will commonly edit.

mplayer.conf is a generated file, I already tried putting it into
conffiles in the past, but then dpkg-deb complains:

dpkg-deb: conffile `/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf' does not appear in
package
dh_builddeb: command returned error code

Do you know a good solution for this?

Diego

P.S.: This thread belongs on dev-eng, CCing.