[MPlayer-users] can't set up mplayer on fbdevice to really satisfy. graphic card recommodations?

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 2 22:40:02 CET 2002

Hi Nico!

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:17:16PM +0100, nico berndt wrote:
> with the ati i can use vidix, but i can't manage to get a proper
> fullscreen with -fs. it scales every movie to fill the sides but
> positiones the image top-orientated and at the bottom it leaves the
> console visible.

I don't know about vidix, but you could use `-vop expand' with
suitable values to expand the picture vertically to 4:3.

> well, the major issue comes now and i was wondering if anybody has
> experienced this as well:
> on both cards the picture sometimes lookes as if the lower half of it
> would be belonging to the last frame, while the upper was already
> advancing to the next. this gives ugly flashy cuts in the middle of the
> picture.
> i can only explain this to myself as a movie/monitor timing-problem,

Yes, sounds like there's no vsync or whatever that is called.  I do
not know which drivers synchronize the video output with the monitors
image refresh and which don't.

> are there any recommodations for graphic-cards with vidix-support that
> work _proven_ flawlessly on the framebuffer-device?

Don't know, I'm using xv.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/