[MPlayer-users] stuck audio pts

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 2 22:09:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> I just uploaded audio-pts-stuck.avi to mplayerhq. This file was
> generated with an older version of mencoder (on April 17) and used to
> work fine with mplayer, but now audio pts gets stuck at -0.2 when
> playing it and a/v desyncs horribly unless -mc 0 is used.

hmm.
is this file playable under windows?

actually it seems to have broken header, it worked before i've fixed a bug
in the avi demuxer...
according to Avery Lee's research, the windows avi demuxers ignore
dwSampleSize and use nBlockAlign only, while both avifile and old mplayer
used dwSampleSize to make the decision between CBR and VBR mode.

this file has a mixed header - wf for VBR and avi stream header for CBR
format. it confuses my parser now :(
maybe i have to add some workaround.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team