[MPlayer-users] bugreport: mencoder hangs at beginning of 2nd video pass

Andrea Borgia borgia at students.cs.unibo.it
Sat Nov 2 14:12:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, D Richard Felker III wrote:

DRFI>> I don't say this is the problem, but ... why do you use vpass=# -pass #?
DRFI>That's very likely the problem. Thankfully -pass was just removed, so
DRFI>no one will try using it anymore!

Thanks, yes, that was indeed the problem. As careful as I am with
bugreports, I'm very new to mplayer and I relied on the suggestion of a
long-time user for a ready-made cmdline to encode that clip. Unfortunately,
out of habit, that person absentmindedly added -pass and so the bug was
born. A few days of testing and one afternoon writing the bugreport lost to
the cause, I might say ;-(

Thanks again for the help,
Andrea.

--
Mä muistan sen kirkkaan päivän, sen kesän ja sen valon häivän
Heinä haisi, puut tuoksui, linnut lauloi vaan