[MPlayer-users] -oac copy + -audiofile broken?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Nov 1 17:57:06 CET 2002

I've noticed that when muxing mp3 audio into avi files with something
like:

  mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy foo.avi -audiofile bar.mp3

there are tons of skipped frames, and if I add -mc 0 to prevent them,
audio pts runs over 1000 times too fast in the output avi file.
mplayer will play the output file ok, but a/v sync then breaks if you
seek at all.

Using the same files, the following command:

  mplayer foo.avi -audiofile bar.mp3

plays just fine. Is this a known issue? I can provide sample files if
necessary, but it seems that this exact same thing always happens...

BTW, reencoding audio rather than using -oac copy works fine, but that
will unfortunately reduce quality...

Rich