[MPlayer-users] bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Thu May 30 09:22:02 CEST 2002

> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:50:53 +0200
> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)
>
> Hi,
>
> > please see attached file for details. I uploaded complete archive+bugreport
> > ftp.mplayerhq.hu. File is named:
> >
> > mplayerbugreport-mplayer_crash_with_radtools_created_avi.bz2
> >
> > I haven't tried with latest CVS version yet... sorry. (I used Mplayer0.90pre
> > 4)
>
> i tried wiht cvs, it's interesting
> native codec seems to fail, output looks buggy/strange
> dll works (at least doesn't crash)
>
> but the sample is too short to see anyhting, so could you provide a longer
> sample?

  Ok, but it may take some time (these codecs create very huge files from normal
videos, I must find some video which packs well...). Anyway I am leaving until next
week so if I will not provide somple until tuesday, could you please remind me?

  Sample i provided is as big as needed to make mplayer crash....

> you also mentione din the text that zlib/mszh also don't work, so, upload
> samples so i can look at it. we've never really tested them due to lack of
> sample files

  I believe it's the same problem (at least output (if any) looks very similar to huffyuv
codec), maybe something with audio? Note that playing with -ac null works and
mencoder with -ac null or -oac copy works too....