[MPlayer-users] Problem with sound

Georg Prager georg.prager at wing.at
Wed May 29 14:50:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for this great work on mplayer!

On my i386 architecture everything work pretty fine, but on my powerpc ibook2
I have a problem with sound.

'mplayer -vo sdl -nosound test.avi' works, the video is playing fine, but with
'mplayer -vo sdl -ao oss test.avi' the video is moving jerkily.

According to the DOCS:
most common: buggy audio driver! - try to use different drivers, try ALSA 0.9
OSS emulation with -ao oss, also try -ao sdl, sometimes it helps. If your
file plays fine with -nosound, then you can be sure it's soundcard (driver)
problem.

My file plays fine with -nosound, and I am sure, I don't have a soundcard
problem, cause xine plays my testfile very well, without jerky moving of the
video.

I am using G3 Powerpc 600 ibook2, linux-2.4.19-ben0 and the latest cvs.

Thanks for any help
Georg