[MPlayer-users] mencoder *.avi ?

gabor farkas gabor at realtime.sk
Wed May 29 10:50:02 CEST 2002

hi,

i don't know how to solve that dvd ripping problem, but
you can't use cat *.avi | mencoder..

this is because vov's are ( as far as i know ) something like mpeg, that
means they're headerless.

but avi has headers, so you just can't append them so easily as mpegs...

you'll have to use an external tool to append the towo avis together..

try to search the mail-archives... it has been discussed.

bye,
gabor