[MPlayer-users] Mplayer 2x too fast on specific .avi file

Jean-Louis Debert JLD at rsd-intl.com
Tue May 28 15:53:22 CEST 2002

Hi,

I get a strange problem on one specific .avi file
(encoded with Divx 3 IIRC). I want to play the .avi
on the TV set using the TV output on my H+ card.
So I use the following command line:
  $ mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 RH2.avi

playing starts, but 2x too fast for _both_ audio _and_ video.

Now the funny thing is, if I send the sound to my regular
sound driver (/dev/dsp through oss driver) by using the
command line:
  $ mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao RH2.avi

then playing is absolutely okay for _both_ audio _and_ video !!!

This only happens on one specific .avi, other ones (even also
encoded with Divx 3) play normally. The .avi file is ~650Mb

My config:
Mandrake 8.2
gcc 2.95.3  (home-compiled)
kernel 2.4.18
H+ driver 0.12
cpu: AMD Duron 650 Mhz

Now, before I fill-in a full bug report, I would like to ask
this first: since it only happens on one specific .avi file,
I guess that I will have also to upload at least part of it.
But my question is, would the beginning (say, 10 or 20 Mb)
be usable to try to reproduce (and understand) the problem ???
I ask this because I am not sure about .avi, I know that
for mpeg you can truncate the file, but what about avi ???