[MPlayer-users] [updated draft] MPlayer quickstart guide

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon May 27 14:43:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 01:34:43PM +0200, Arpi wrote:

> I can't find it mroe clear :(
>
> Imho, it would be clear, if you start with win32 codec download and
> libavcodec _before_ telling the user to do './configure'

OK, redesigned.  Hope you like this version better.

> > My idea was to provide a very quick introduction to MPlayer.  Something
> html doc is also very quick

We have a different idea of quick here.  I wanted something much quicker
than html.

> > I guess you do not want to have the information duplicated across two
> > manuals.  This would partially be true for the moment, but
> no, i don't want duplicate dstuff. i said: move and convert that to txt. not
> 'copy' and convert.

I already got that point.  I'm not clear about the details, though, so let
me pose a few specific questions:

- Do you want the README to include the overview section?
- Do you want the README to include the history section?
- Do you want the README to include the software requirements, short codecs
  descriptons, supported graphics and sound cards subsections?
- Do you want documentation.html to start with chapter 2, once the README is
  finished?

I guess we are inching closer to a solution.  Here comes the next try.

Diego