[MPlayer-users] Divx 5

Alexey Morozov morozov at novosoft.ru
Sat May 25 10:04:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 12:43:00AM +0000, MPlayer BSD wrote:
> Hi, while playing divx5 files ( coded with 5.01 with all options for
> MPEG4 like quarter pixel ... etc ), i get only the sound and a green
> window with this error for each frame : Error while decoding frame!09
> ct:  0.003    9/  9   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
> is it normal or the support for divx5 is fully added in libav?
Well, it's not normal (I have a normal looking picture w/ -vfm 3)
but generally full divx5 support is in ffmpeg/libavcodec.

I'm not sure where postprocessing is better (I've made several
screenshots w/ mplayer -vc ffdivx and different -pp but still can't take
time to setup windows and check how the same movie will look in divx5)
but all modern encoding features seem to be fully supported...