[MPlayer-users] 2 problems with NAS

Hwang Jae Kwon mono at mac.com
Sat May 25 04:48:01 CEST 2002

Hi folks~

I'm managing diskless clients have ability to play mpeg4 compression movie.
Everything is good but while I configure mplayer on the server for that
clients, I got two problems to play the movie with nas. Playback movie seems
fine but sync A-V is not correct. the A-V gap is always about -0.01~-0.03 so
I have to add "-delay +0.38~+0.8" to sync them - machine dependent -
properly. -ni, -nobps and and others seem to be useful I've read in this
section don't work. And another problem is the hanging mplayer on when I
skip/seek the frames forward or back with arrow keys. These symptons appear
with nas only. Help me please~

Environment
machine1 : PIII 1GHz(coppermine), VIA Apollo 133, 512MB, RivaTNT 32MB, AC97
sound, 100Mbps
machine2 : PIII 1GHz(coppermine), Intel 815EP, 256MB, nVidia gForce2 MX
32MB, es1371(pci), 100Mbps
machine3 : PIII 850MHz(celeron), Intel 815, 256MB, Matrox G400 32MB,
c-media(pci), 10Mbps

Debian woody with kernel 2.4.9

Player
Mplayer 0.90pre4 - 2002.5.13

Media
AVIs - MS-MPEG4v2,3, DivX4,5, mp3, ac3, keyframe 25, 50, 250

Maker
VirtualDub 1.4

Command
mplayer movie.avi -vo xv -ao nas -ni -nobps -delay +0.4 -display dc#:0.0
(I've also checked -mc but removed it now)

Result
Machine 1 needs delay value +0.75~+0.8
Machine 2,3 need delay value +0.38~+0.4

Mplayer freeze on Machine 1,2,3 all when I get controlling frames with arrow
keys.

No error returned.

PS
Are there any informations should I keep? Please let me know...

TIA