[MPlayer-users] Re: Bug: MPEG displayed wrongly

Eric Lammerts eric at lammerts.org
Fri May 24 22:50:01 CEST 2002

On 24 May 2002, [iso-8859-2] Pawe³ Sakowski wrote:
> On the following clip (freely available from http://www.taty.ru/):
>
> ftp://ftp..airton:pp..pp.pu@dol.ru/taty/30min-titr-vbr.mpg
>
> there are some problems about the display:
> - The image is slanted, as if the detected frame width was ~2 pixels
> short of the actual.
> - The colors are messed up (palette problems?)
>
> The same clip appears correctly on mpeg_play and Win Media Player.

I tried to play the clip with Xv, X11 and SDL output drivers.
The problem only happens with Xv.

The size of the movie is 382x224. If I play it with
"-vop scale=384", the display is OK.

If I play a normal 352x240 movie with "-vop scale=350" I get the same
slanted image. So I guess the problem is that Xv cannot properly
display movies that have a width that's not divisable by 4.

I don't know if this is a mplayer bug or X bug (btw, I use a Matrox
G450 with XFree86 4.1.0)

Eric