[MPlayer-users] copy a trailer ;-)

Georgi Georgiev chutz at chubaka.homeip.net
Fri May 24 05:46:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:19:53AM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> No need, at least for non-compressed qt headers. If you look
> inside the file you can see the actual filename at the end
> of the ~2KB file. Just append it to the URL (instead of the
> previous one) and you'll be able to download the non-streamed
> version.

Even I got interested in what the problem is. Downloading with wget (and
appropriate referers) downloads a 1009 byte file. Doing:

[chutz at thunder chutz]$ file ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov
ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov: Apple QuickTime movie file (moov)
[chutz at thunder chutz]$ ll ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov
-rw-r--r--    1 chutz    chutz        1009 Nov  5  2001 ice_age1_ctp_x480.mov

And I will even attach the file so that someone can tell what the idea is. I
guess this is what is mentioned in the quoted mail as compressed headers I
guess.

Not that I am really interested in this trailer, but I got interested in the
problem.

--
Georgi Georgiev <chutz at chubaka.homeip.net>
An honest tale speeds best being plainly told.